Sunday 11 March 2012

DIY pom pom bracelet




I'm loving these glorified friendship bracelets from Aurélie Bidermann and Matthew Williamson, but not loving their £175 price tag. After reading this tutorial and a visit to the best sewing shop in the world i decided to get my craft on.

Please forgive the silly amount of photos, overly excited about borrowing a camera from Uni. MACRO LENS OH YES.


What i used:
  • Curb chain from an old bag
  • Pliers
  • Metal Cutter
  • Pom pom trim
  • Clasp
  • Jump rings
  • Cord
  • Lighter
I began by making a posh plait called a chain sinnet, i had to restart this tricky little bugger a few times.


I cut a length of curb chain from an old bag to my wrist size and then threaded the remaining cord in and out of the links to attach.



Stunk my parent's house out by burning the end of the cords down to stop fraying.

 Attached clasp..


..then added some pom poms using jump rings on every other link.


YESSSS I was in my element making this, will be experimenting with some gold coin trim amongst other DIYing goodness tomorrow.

Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?