Wednesday 30 May 2012

DIY half and half tshirt



Today I hacked up some tshirts to make this half-and-half bad boy.

For some reason I seem to receive a dose of motivation every visit home to Shropshire. I don't know whether it's the feeling of being grounded, having time to browse for inspiration or just sheer boredom, but this place gives me a kick up the arse. 

I've been meaning to make this for a while as I have been searching everywhere for something similar. It's such a simple and quick process that transforms some boring basics into an outfit that's slightly more interesting. The cardigans are getting it next.

What you need:
  • Plain tshirt x 2 
  • Fabric Scissors
  • Thread
  • Sewing machine
  • Pins
Lay one tshirt on top of the other. Cut the sleeves and neckline to desired shape using good quality fabric scissors. Fold in half to find the middle, then cut down in a straight line.

Pin the right sides of the freshly cut seam together and sew. I left quite a thick margin between stitch and edge in order to make my top slightly slimmer, and also cut a good wedge off the bottom.





Please excuse the pained expression, was infuriated that my mum can't work a camera. 
COOL.

Helen x

1 comment:

What do you think?